Are you an avid rock or mountain or hill climber? Have you ever worn a climbing helmet with ear protection? Then it is quite obvious that you will find this article interesting and informative.
While there is no doubt that climbing rocks and hills is challenging, exciting, and adventurous, you must make sure that you are adequately prepared for the entire event.
Hill climbing often leads to change in climate and weather conditions and in some cases atmospheric pressure also changes quite a bit. All these could impact many parts of the body and the ear is a sensitive organ that could be impacted.
While many of us pay attention to the protection of our heads by choosing a good helmet, we also must make sure that our ears are well protected adequately. We must understand the importance of buying a suitable climbing helmet with ear protection.
In this article, we will have a look at the various reasons why it is vital to go in for a climbing helmet with ear protection. We also will have a look at a few makes and models of climbing helmets that come with ear protection. We are sure that it will go a long way in helping our readers to get the required information about the subject matter.
Why is Climbing Helmet with Ear Protection Important?
There are many reasons to make sure that you have your ears protected adequately when climbing rocks, hills, or even some reasonably tall mountains. The air pressure after a certain height obviously drops and in such situations, your eardrum and other such parts of the inner ear could be at risk.
The air pressure outside the body keeps changing and it becomes lighter as we move to a higher altitude. This may create a difference in pressure and it could impact either one eardrum or both of them.
There could be some high pressure and this could result in blockage of the ears and in some cases, damage to the eardrum may also occur. Further, the weather also turns cold and uncomfortable as we move higher up when we are into hill climbing or climbing of high altitudes.
In such situations, the ear needs to be protected, failing which could lead to infection and other problems caused by the cold weather conditions. Hence, most experienced climbers of hills and rocks make it a point to go in for the right climbing helmet that also offers the right ear protection.
Let us now have a look at a few such products available in the market. We hope this will help the readers to keep a few things in mind when choosing a good climbing helmet that offers total protection not only to the head but also to the ear and also the face from elements of nature and other such things.
No Cry Ear Protection Helmet
This ear protection helmet is from the house of No Cry and though many people use it as a forestry safety helmet.
However, there are enough reasons to believe that this could also come in handy for those who are into mountain, hill, or rock climbing. It is certainly feature-rich and it would be interesting to have a look at a few of them for the benefit of our readers.
- It is a hard hat and additionally, it also is capable of offering an ear and eye protection.
- It also comes with an adjustable visor that can be removed if not needed. The visor does offer extra eye protection but many people prefer removing it and instead use sunglasses or goggles.
- It protects the ear from outside elements and also from loud thuds and falls that are often common when climbing hills and other such places.
- It is fully adjustable and therefore this helmet should fit almost anyone.
Husqvarna Head and Ear Protection Helmet
This is another all-purpose head and ear protection helmet from the house of Husqvarna. This helmet is also suitable for people, looking for a climbing helmets for big heads. It also is packed with a number of interesting features and here are a few of them.
- This is a hard hat that is capable of giving protection from damaging ultraviolet rays.
- The 6 point suspension system and the unique slip ratchet feature also are worth mentioning.
- It also comes with NRR hearing protectors and a face visor for additional protection of the face and the eyes.
- The unique cotton sweatband core absorbs sweat and provides maximum comfort also.
- It is suitable for climbing hills and rocks and also for other purposes.
The above, we are sure, may have come in handy for all those who are keen on understanding the importance of having the ears protected when climbing apart from understanding a few things to look for when choosing such a helmet.
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.