Tourmaline is famous for making a shield around a person to protect from negative energies.
You can find Tourmaline crystals in different colors due to many impurities in their crystal structure.
People ask can Tourmaline go in water because they want to remove all negative energies from their crystal.
Putting in water is one of the best ways to remove negative energies from the crystals.
Will Tourmaline Dissolve in Water?
Tourmaline does not dissolve in water because it has a complex mineral structure and a high hardness score.
Crystals with low hardness core like Selenite dissolve in water.
It is not the case with Tourmaline.
Putting Tourmaline in water is not harmful to the crystal if you do it for a short time.
Putting this crystal in water for a long time may reduce the crystal’s durability.
It is also essential to ensure the water does not have salts or dissolved minerals.
Saltwater increases the Tourmaline erosion to increase the rate of crystal damage.
Many have been announcing their Tourmaline crystal break with a little force when they kept the crystal water for a long time.
We do not recommend testing your Tourmaline crystal by putting it in different types of solutions to test its solubility.
Can Tourmaline Go in Moon Water?
People have been using moonlight energy to remove negative vibrations from different crystals.
It is due to the female energy of the moon. It can provide calmness and tranquility.
When you place the Tourmaline in moon water, the crystal will absorb energy from the moonlight to remove the negative energy from the crystal.
Moon water will improve the tourmaline healing properties to make it better. It is better to use the energy from the full moon.
You can wait for the fourteenth day of the lunar cycle to get maximum healing effects.
Can Tourmaline Go in Saltwater?
Most experts think water is safe for Tourmaline cleansing.
Their opinion is not the same for Saltwater.
Tourmaline is a crystal with a high hardness score.
Most crystals with a hardness score of more than five can resist water damage.
Tourmaline has a hardness score of 7 to 7.5 on the Moh hardness scale.
It can handle Saltwater also for a short time, but it is unsuitable to put challenges on a precious crystal.
Experts recommend using other powerful techniques to remove all negative energies from the Tourmaline.
Saltwater does not produce its damaging effects fast, as you will see the results gradually.
When you put the Tourmaline in Saltwater, water will evaporate from the surface.
Salt in that water does not evaporate and sticks to the crystal’s surface.
This salt can also accumulate in the cracks of the Tourmaline crystal.
Some small fissures on the Tourmaline surface do not appear without a magnifying device.
You can see these cracks by placing Tourmaline under the microscope.
You will lose crystal durability when salt accumulates in these cracks to make them wider.
The crystal will disintegrate gradually.
You may not see the disintegration in a few days because it takes months to see the effects.
You may see a minor weight reduction in the Tourmaline crystals.
How to Cleanse Tourmaline with Water?
- You can put the Tourmaline in water for a short time to cleanse it. It will remove negative energy from the tourmaline crystals. Tourmaline crystals can resist water damage due to a hardness score of 7 to 7.5 on the Moh hardness scale.
- It is better to place the Tourmaline under running water for a few minutes and keep it in the air to dry.
- You can use the running water from the streams or rivers to cleanse the Tourmaline crystals.
- You should use other cleansing techniques for dark Tourmaline because it can release harmful substances into the water.
To Summarize: Can Tourmaline Go in Water?
You can say putting Tourmaline in water does not damage the crystal immediately if someone asks can Tourmaline go in water.
You can also keep these points in mind to prevent damage to the Tourmaline crystals.
- Saltwater is harmful to the Tourmaline crystals because it can disintegrate the crystal gradually.
- You can put Tourmaline in Moon water because moonlight will enhance the crystal’s healing properties.
- Tourmaline does not dissolve in water as it has a hardness score of 7 to 7.5 on the Moh hardness scale.
- How to Tell if Tourmaline is Real or Fake?
- How to Tell if Black Tourmaline Is Real?
- Can Black Tourmaline Go in Water?
- Can Apatite Go in Water?
- Can Aquamarine Go in Water?
- Can Calcite Go in Water?
- Can Raw Quartz Go in Water?
- Can Kyanite Go in Water?
- Can Lepidolite Go in Water?
- Can Black Tourmaline be in the Sun?
- Top Black Tourmaline Side Effects?
- What Crystals CAN’T Go in Water?
- Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline – Which Is Better?
- What Is the Difference between Opalite and Moonstone?
- What Are the Differences between Sodalite and Lapis Lazuli?
- What Are the Differences between Calcite and Citrine?
- Earth Is Made Mostly of Metals and Rocks, Where Did This Material Come From?
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.
Last Updated on February 3, 2023 by Roger