Margo Hayes’ Net Worth: $3-5 Million
Margo Hayes’ net worth stands at approximately $3-5 million dollars.
Most Important Facts about Margo Hayes
|Celebrated Name:||Margo Hayes|
|Real Name/Full Name:||Margo Hayes|
|Birth Date:||11 February 1998|
|Birth Place:||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|School:||Fairview High School|
|Children/Kids (Son and Daughter):||N/A|
|Documentaries:||Break on Through, Slay Ladies|
|Profession:||Professional rock climber|
|Top 10 Female Climbers:||Margo is on the list|
|Net Worth in 2023:||$3-5 million|
Margo Hayes’ Early Life and Biography
Margo Hayes is a well-known American rock climber born on the 11th of February 18th in Boulder, Colorado.
Margo is the first female athlete to complete a 9a+ (5.15a) course, precisely the La Rambla in Spain. In Guangzhou, she won the boulders and lead climbers’ youth world cups in 2016.
Margo’s first love was gymnastics before she started climbing. This passion was lit when she started to attend gymnastics training in Colorado.
After hitting the age of ten, Margo’s attention shifted to climbing. In 2015, she competed in her first youth world championship. And, from that point, she hasn’t backed down.
Speaking of which, she has achieved higher feats marked by different titles. She was the first lady to scale 9a+ (5.15a), a considerably difficult route for any human climber. Up to this point, this ascent is still the consensus for 5.15a.
Margo Hayes’ Climbing Career
- Having been on the US National Team since her climbing debut, Hayes has competed in IFSC tournaments for lead climbers, speed, and boulderers.
- She finished second in the boulderers’ lead climbers’ youth world cup held in Italy in 2015.
- She was also a part of the 2016 IFSC youth world cup held in Guangzhou. To this point, she has set a mark by winning both the lead climbing and bouldering events. As for speed climbing, she was ranked in the 15th position.
- Hayes was also accoladed by Climbing Magazine’s Golden Piton that very year for flawlessly scaling 14 5.14 climbs.
- Moreover, Margo was among the four female climbers who made the 2019 American National Team the first step toward being approved to compete at the 2020 Olympics.
- In February 2017, Hayes would go to the La Rambla route in Spain and later come out as the first woman ever to climb a grade 9a+ (5.15a) climb.
- She also made the third-ever feminine climb of a 9a+ (5.15a) in the 9th month of 2017, as she climbed the Biographie in France.
- Further, the No 3 climb for the 9a+ (5.15a) course would later be achieved in Papichulo, Spain, 2019. This, therefore, marked the completion of the trinity of prominent 9a+ rated climbs.
Margo Hayes’ Education
After graduating from high school, Margo Hayes is said to have moved to France to pursue climbing and learn French.
However, there is no mention of the specific college that she attended. She is notable for her skills in climbing and has also been an environmental advocate.
On the other hand, interviews show her interest in continuing her college education. Specifically, she wants to study French, code, and digital art.
From a statistical standpoint, it’s hard to tell her progress since the interviews were done before the 2020 Olympic games.
Margo Hayes’ Personal Life: Dating, Boyfriend, Husband, Kids
Margo Hayes is not dating, nor is she married. However, she is somewhat like Alexander Megos, who became her belayer during the Biographie at Ceuse.
Margo Hayes’ Height, Weight, and Age
Margo Hayes was born on February 11th, 1998, making her 24 years old. Despite her weight being kept secret up to this point, she stands at the height of 1.6 meters.
Margo Hayes’ Awards, Achievements, Nominations
- Margo Hayes was among the four female climbers who made the 2019 American National Team, taking her a step closer to the 2020 Olympics approval.
- In February 2017, Hayes became the first female climber to scale the La Rambla, a 9a+ (5.15a) route.
- Hayes also ascended the hardest climb ever done by a woman. In November 2017, she did a first ascent of the La Planta de Shiva route 9b (5.15b).
- Even though other lady athletes have done 5.14d/5.15a climbs, Margo’s achievement on the La Rambla is still the consensus 5.15a for female climbs.
- She participated in the juniors division in the 2016 IFSC World Tournament held in China, where she won the boulderers’ youth world cup title and added another in the lead climbing sector. As for speed climbing, she would be ranked at number 15 and number 1 overall.
- She efficaciously set a climb on the 14.5.14 route in the same year. This saw her get a Golden Piton award offered by the Climbing Magazine.
- Hayes has been a vital member of the United States national team, and she has competed in speed climbing, bouldering, and even leading.
- Again, she has also finished second in bouldering and led at the IFSC’s 2015 world tournament for youth held in Italy. Of course, she was beaten to the title by phenom Janja Garnbret.
Margo Hayes’ Movies, Documentaries, Books
- Margo Hayes appears in the Break on Through. It revolves around contemporary rock climbing, where 5.15 is the hardest grade on the scale, attained by a handful of male athletes and never by a female climber. Margo Hayes, a relatively unknown 19-year-old climber from Colorado, is out to alter that. She relocated to France to be nearer to the globe’s most challenging climbs. This allows her to train and climb to complete two of the most famous 5.15s in Spain and France. However, in her desire to become the first, Hayes risks injuries and loss by straining her physical and mental health to their maximum limits.
- She has also made an appearance in “Slay Ladies.” The documentary is about female athletes who slay to make climbing fun while still making progress in the same. Three professional climbing athletes and two filmmakers headed to Mallorca in the autumn of 2017 to do sport climbing, a deep-water solo, and explore the psyche of being in an all-ladies team. It is all an adventure. As such, the actors, Emily Harrington, Paige, and Margo, were raised in Boulder. But neither of them had done such a climbing outing before.
Margo Hayes Net Worth and Salary
Margo Hayes has amassed a massive wealth from her climbing career and endorsements, especially Yeezy sneakers.
She ranks among the celebrity climbers with big cashouts, and as of 2022, she is estimated to have a net worth of $3 million to 5 million dollars.
Related word-class climbers net worth pages
- Ashima Shiraishi Net Worth
- Avalanche Shovels
- Most Famous Rock Climbers
- Will Gadd Net Worth
- Reinhold Messner Net Worth
- Shauna Coxsey Net Worth
- Angela Eiter Net Worth
- Lena Herrmann Net Worth
- Ludovico Fossali Net Worth
- Kyra Condie Net Worth
- Sasha DiGiulian Net Worth
- Beth Rodden Net Worth
- Kevin Jorgeson Net Worth
- Who is Adrian Ballinger?
Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository.
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.