Adrian Ballinger is a UK-born mountaineer who grew up in Massachusetts.
He was born on the 25th of February, 1976, and he has the zodiac sign of Pisces.
Climbing became a natural evolution for Adrian.
Is Adrian Ballinger Millionaire?
Adrian Ballinger is a millionaire because he has a net worth of one to five million dollars.
He is one of the Americans that summited K2 without oxygen.
He makes money by guiding people in mountain climbing.
He also recommends climbing products to people and making commissions.
These are the income sources that make Adrian Ballinger net worth high.
How Does Adrian Ballinger Make Money?
Adrian Ballinger makes money through his Youtube channel, Instagram page, Teaching mountain climbing, and sponsorships.
He makes thousands of dollars by helping people go to the best climbing locations and climbing the mountains without injury.
He has sponsorship from many sports equipment websites.
Adrian Ballinger makes excellent videos of the mountains.
His videos can get millions of views on Youtube. Adrian has many projects on Youtube.
DangerStickTv is one of his projects on Youtube.
He has more than 12 thousand subscribers on that channel.
It is enough to make a few hundred dollars through the Youtube advertisement program and private company sponsors.
Adrian Ballinger recommends climbing gears from the most trusted companies.
La Sportiva is one of these companies.
He makes money by recommending products from La Sportiva to the climbers.
Many other companies are willing to pay him thousands of dollars to sell their products.
He is also an influential speaker.
Some platforms can pay him money to speak about his climbing skills and what people need to know about the mountains.
He has more than 117K followers on Instagram.
The number of followers is enough to make money from product recommendations.
He can recommend products to people on Instagram, and people take them readily.
People trust Adrian because he never recommends low-quality products.
Sponsorship and Brand Deals
Adrain Ballinger has sponsors worldwide.
He got sponsorship from La Sportiva.
It is one of the best climbing equipment producing companies.
Adrain can get sponsorship for different events also.
He makes deals with some brands to advertise their products during mountain summits.
He also gets free climbing equipment from La Sportiva.
Companies make deals with him because he is an expert climber and motivational speaker.
How Much Money Does Adrian Ballinger Make from YouTube Channel?
Adrain Ballinger makes thousands of dollars from Youtube.
This income includes earnings from his projects and sponsored company projects.
Many videos of Adrain Ballinger have millions of views on Youtube.
He gets a commission when he makes videos for other Youtube channels also.
This earning from Youtube is due to people’s trust in his brands and personality.
How Much Money Does Adrian Ballinger Make from Merchandise?
He makes money from merchandise selling.
He does not own a company to sell his products.
He recommends products from different companies.
It is easy for him to sell and make a commission on products of high quality.
Merchandise selling makes most of Adrian Ballinger net worth.
How Much Money Does Adrian Ballinger Make from Sponsorship?
Adrain Ballinger makes thousands of dollars from sponsorships.
La Sportiva is one of the leading sponsors on Adrain.
RXR sports is another sponsor of Adrian.
He saves most of his money from the other projects because all his climbing projects get sponsorship from different companies.
Adrian Ballinger’s Early Life and Biography
When Adrian Ballinger was 15, his focus on academics and becoming a doctor started shifting.
Nonetheless, he was enrolled at Georgetown University in D.C when he was seventeen.
Still, this allowed him some margin to go out to New Hampshire for climbing.
Adrian has been a guide for a decade and a half.
He has guided over 100 global climbing adventures across five continents.
Adrian created Alpenglow Expeditions, a guiding firm that specializes in high guiding globally.
He was the leading Everest guide from 2007 to 2012 for the Himalayan experience.
Ballinger and Himalaya’s Experience creator Russell Brice are also featured in the “Beyond the Limit” documentary.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Phurba Tashi Sherpa, Russell Brice, Monica Piris (Actors)
- Ed Venner (Director) - Steve Eder (Writer) - Jamie Berry (Producer)
Last update on 2023-12-10 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Adrian is currently 46 years old. He is well-known for his mountain climbing abilities.
He has climbed Mt. Everest twice in three weeks in a year.
Where Is Adrian Ballinger From?
Adrian Ballinger is from the United Kingdom, as he was born in the UK.
However, his nationality is British-American.
Adrian Ballinger’s Climbing Career
- Adrian climbed his first 8,000-meter mountain in 2008, reaching the peak of Manaslu on the 3rd of October.
- Adrian reached the top of Mt. Everest on the 21st of May, 2009, through the Southwest Route, marking it as his first. In October, he reached the peak of Manaslu again for a 2nd attempt. Read more when is the Everest climbing season.
- Adrian climbed Mt. Everest twice in 21 days in 2010. The first was on the 5th of May and the latter on the 22nd of May. On the 5th of May that season, he became the first-ever non-Sherpa, collaborating with 9 Sherpas, to get to the peak while using ropes, changing anchors, and removing worn-out ropes off the peak.
- Ballinger accomplished his third climb of Manaslu in early October 2010.
- Adrian Adrian, in 2011 successfully reached the summit of Everest on the 5th of May and the 20th of May. As of the 26th of May, 2011, he reached the peak of Lhotse.
- Adrian performed the first skiing fall of Manaslu on the 5th of October, 2011.
- He safely scaled to the peak of Cho Oyu in 2013 and then skied from the peak on the 25th of September.
- In 2006, Eddie Bauer supported Adrian and C. Richards in their endeavor to scale Mt. Everest without supplementary oxygen. They used Snapchat to spread the news of the Everest ascent in a video titled “Everest No Filter.” Sadly, Adrian’s effort to reach the peak was a failure.
- By 2016’s fall, Adrian returned to Cho Oyu alongside his companion Emily Harrington, finishing the entire journey in a record-breaking two weeks.
- Ballinger and C. Richards traveled to Everest to make a second attempt without supplemental oxygen in 2017. Ballinger got to the top devoid of the aid of supplementary oxygen on the 27th of May.
- He again summited Cho Oyu for the third time on the 6th of May, 2018, followed by Everest for the eighth time on the 20th of May.
- He was the leading guide and adventure organizer for a Discovery Channel trip in 2019 that sought to solve the riddle of whether G. Mallory and A. Irvine were the first to reach the peak of Mt. Everest. The trip was videotaped and broadcasted as a Discovery channel program titled “Everest: Greatest Mystery.”
- In 2019, E. Bauer, Ballinger, and C. Perez attempted to summit K2 without supplemental oxygen use. On the 24th of July, they got to the summit of the world’s second-highest mountain without using supplemental oxygen. Later, E. Bauer created a movie about the adventure, which he named the breathtaking K2: The Globe’s Most Hazardous Mountain, based on the ascent.
Adrian Ballinger’s Education
At a young age, Ballinger had a dream of becoming a doctor.
However, he shifted his focus after hitting the age of fifteen.
After completing his undergraduate degree at Georgetown, he enrolled in a medical school but never completed his studies.
Adrian Ballinger’s Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriend, Wife, Kids
There is no past relationship that is known about Ballinger.
But as of 2020, he is married to Emily Harrington.
The couple is said to have run into each other on Everest and were married in Ecuador.
Adrian Ballinger’s Height, weight, and age
Adrian was born in the U.K on the 25th of February, 1976, making him 46 years old. He is 6 feet 2″ with a bodyweight of 148 pounds.
Adrian Ballinger’s Awards, Achievements, Nominations
- In 2019, he summited K2 without supplemental oxygen.
- Ballinger is the first climbing athlete from the U.S. to ski on two 8,000-meter summits. He is also the first athlete to have skied the Manaslu, the globe’s eighth highest mountain.
- He is the first climbing athlete to climb triple 8,000-meter summits in under 21 days (two on Everest and one on Lhotse).
- Ballinger is the sole guide in the U.S. who holds both an AMGA and an IFMGA guiding certificate and has climbed over ten 8,000-meter summits.
- Ballinger, in 2017 scaled to the top of Everest, devoid of supplemental oxygen.
Adrian Ballinger’s Movies, Documentaries, Books
Breathtaking K2: The World’s Most Dangerous Mountain
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Carla Perez, Adrian Ballinger (Actors)
- Adrian Ballinger (Director)
Last update on 2023-12-10 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Ballinger has been featured in Breathtaking K2: The World’s Most Dangerous Mountain.
The movie is about athletes who have climbed K2, the world’s 2nd-highest mountain and often regarded as the most challenging mountain.
K2 features experienced mountaineers Carla and Ballinger.
The duo tries to summit “the harsh summit” without supplementary oxygen.
It’s an adventure laden with obstacles that endanger their chances of reaching the peak and the athletes’ lives.
Related Article: Why Is K2 more Dangerous than Everest?
Lightning Ascent: Climbing Cho Oyu with Adrian Ballinger and Emily Harrington
Lightning Ascent: Climbing Cho Oyu with Adrian Ballinger and Emily Harrington is a documentary about Emily Harrington and Ballinger.
It is filmed when they are on a historic “Lightning Ascent” of Cho Oyu, the globe’s sixth highest peak, at record speed.
The duo ascends with oxygen to the peaks and skis down the summit in just two weeks.
Adrian Ballinger’s Net Worth and Salary
Adrian Ballinger’s net worth is projected to be between $1 and $5 million.
His primary source of revenue is his climbing and guiding business.
He invites additional sponsors that share his passion for high-altitude accomplishment.
Adrian is endorsed by Eddie Bauer, who has funded his Everest oxygen-less climbs.
Other sponsorships are from the La Sportiva sneaker brand, Blizzard Skis, and Alpenglow.
Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Brette Harrington Net Worth, Career, Biography, Personal Life
- Who Was David Lama?
- Who Was Marc Andre Leclerc?
- Who Was Ueli Steck?
- Who is Sanni McCandless?
- Who is Margo Hayes?
- Chris Sharma Net Worth
- Alexander Megos Net Worth
- Which Material Provides Warmth Even When Wet?
- Which of the Following Orogenies Helped to Create the Appalachian Mountains?
- What Effect Do the Atlas Mountains Have on Rainfall?
- Where Can You Find the Biggest Glacier Outside of Antarctica?
- Crevice vs. Crevasse
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.
Last Updated on July 18, 2022 by Roger