It is hard to find the Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline difference because these crystals are bright and black.
Their mineral structure is the first thing to note.
Black Tourmaline is a mineral stone.
Black Obsidian is a mineraloid because it does not show a crystalline structure.
They form due to a sudden drop in the temperature of the magma.
Introduction to Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline
We can differentiate Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline according to their uses and harness score.
There are many other differences in these stones.
You can identify the black stone you found when you know the difference.
Black Obsidian and Black Tourmaline do not have the same healing benefits.
When identifying Black Obsidian and Black Tourmaline, you do not need to look for their healing properties difference.
It is easy to look at the crystal structure of these stones to find the difference.
Obsidian appears like glass. It is also known as volcanic glass.
Black Tourmaline has a lumpy structure.
It is due to tube-like crystals in the Black Tourmaline crystal structure.
What Is Black Obsidian?
You will feel a high-depth effect when you view Black Obsidian. It also has a reflective surface without the use of any polishing agent. You will see a difference when you polish the stone. It will become vibrant and clean after polishing.
Black Obsidian also gives a rugged look after polishing.
Many use this stone to make jewelry.
People also keep them inside their houses for decoration.
You can get peculiar healing effects from the Black Obsidian because it regulates the heart chakra.
You will see its effects on the core part of the heart.
The surface of this stone is smooth because they do not form slowly.
Magma eruption creates this stone.
Lava cools very fast to produce Black Obsidian.
What Is Black Tourmaline?
The first thing to look for in the Black Tourmaline is its crystal shape. You will get a prism effect with Tourmaline because it separates light into different wavelengths.
You will view a change of light into different colors when you rotate the stone.
The color separation is due to the three-sided prism crystal structure along the length of the Black Tourmaline.
You will see a glowing effect in the Black Tourmaline because of light concentrating abilities.
People like this stone due to this ability.
Black Tourmaline gets its color from the iron impurities in the crystal structure.
Healers use Black Tourmaline to remove negative energies from people.
What Are the Differences: Black Tourmaline vs. Black Obsidian
It is hard to create Black Tourmaline in the lab because of its peculiar crystal structure.
It is also a rare stone as you need to pay a high price to get a Black Tourmaline.
Black Tourmaline is also known as Schorl when it has black color.
The black color in this crystal is due to iron.
Black tourmaline is more common than other types of Tourmaline crystals.
You can get it at a low price also.
Due to its iron-rich crystal structure, you may see a red or brown shade in the Black Tourmaline.
Black Obsidian is not an opaque stone because it forms with the same process as glass.
It is also known as volcanic glass because of its similar structure to glass.
It is a mineraloid because it does not have a repeating crystal structure.
You will not see a lumpy texture in the Black Obsidian.
This feature is exclusive to the Black Tourmaline.
You may end up with sharp stone pieces when you break the Black Obsidian.
What Are the Uses: Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline
Both – Black Obsidian and Black Tourmaline – are excellent for improving your grounding chakra.
Black Tourmaline has a lot of energy.
Black Obsidian came from a source with more heat energy than fire.
These stones are perfect for saving you from negative energies.
Due to its protective nature, people can use Black Obsidian to protect themselves from harmful energies.
You can clean your house and office from the negative energies by keeping Black Tourmaline.
What Are the Hardness: Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline
You can check the hardness score of the Black Tourmaline and Black Obsidian to find differences.
Black Obsidian is not a hard crystal due to its glass-like structure. Black Tourmaline has a high hardness score due to its compact crystal structure. Black Tourmaline has a hardness score of 7 to 7.5 on the Moh hardness scale. Black Obsidian has a hardness score of 5 to 5.5 on the Moh hardness scale.
You can use the Black Tourmaline to scratch the Black Obsidian surface.
It is impossible to scratch the Black Tourmaline with the Black Obsidian due to their hardness score difference.
Quick Look at Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline
You can identify a stone when you know its physical features.
You can look for different features in the raw and polished stones to identify them.
Raw Obsidian is dark black with a shiny surface.
It will appear like a frozen liquid. You can get it in excellent shapes in nature.
You can observe twinkles in the Raw Black Tourmaline.
These are also prismatic with high brilliance.
You should see layers of black crystals in the raw form.
Polished Obsidian looks glassy and smooth.
It has less weight than the Black Tourmaline.
You should see sparkles below the Polished Black Tourmaline surface.
It will feel heavy when you lift it.
What is Black Obsidian Good for?
You can protect your mind from harmful energies by keeping Black Obsidian with you.
It can save you from psychic attacks. It can also help you improve your anticipating abilities.
You can make better business decisions with the help of this stone.
What Are the Advantages of Black Obsidian?
Black Obsidian has many advantages.
- It can heal your aura to improve your health.
- Your mental health will improve by carrying this stone with you because it will remove negative emotions from your mind.
- People looking for stability in their life can keep black obsidian with them.
- It will help them stay stable with its grounding abilities.
- You can accept the voice of your mind when you have black obsidian because it will help you go in the right direction.
- Your decision-making power will increase with this stone.
What Powers Does Black Tourmaline Posses?
- You can use the power of Tourmaline to make new friends and start a business.
- This stone helps you initiate conversations with others and make meaningful connections.
- People starting a new business should keep Tourmaline with them because it will draw money towards you.
- Tourmaline has a lot of ground energy. You can carry this stone with you to stabilize your life.
- It can also make your roots in the earth and control your emotions.
Are Black Onyx and Black Tourmaline the Same Crystals?
Black Tourmaline and Black Onyx are the same things because they are different types of crystals.
They have many things in common.
The color of the stones is the most crucial aspect.
These stones have existed on the earth for thousands of years.
They also have similar healing properties due to their black color.
They repel negative energies from your life.
Black Tourmaline is different because it is double benefits.
It absorbs negative energies and turns them into positive energy.
What is the Difference between Obsidian and Tourmaline?
The most critical difference between the Tourmaline and Obsidian is their structure. Tourmaline has a perfect crystal structure as a crystal unit repeats to make the entire stone. Obsidian does not have a definitive crystal structure because it forms the same way as glass.
You will get semi-round patterns when you break the Black Obsidian.
Tourmaline has a more lumpy texture due to its crystal tube-like structures.
To Summarize: Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline
You will find many differences when searching for Black Obsidian vs. Black Tourmaline.
These points will help you find the differences with ease.
- Black Obsidian does not have a crystalline structure.
- Black Tourmaline has a definitive crystal structure with a sparkling surface.
- Black Tourmaline has a hardness score of 7 to 7.5 on the Moh hardness scale.
- You can scratch Obsidian with Tourmaline because it has a hardness score of 5 to 5.5.
- You can look for the lumpy structure to find Black Tourmaline. This feature is absent in the Obsidian.
- They have excellent healing powers.
- Opal vs. Opalite
- Can Black Tourmaline be in the Sun?
- How to Tell if Black Tourmaline Is Real?
- Can Black Tourmaline Go in Water?
- Can Tourmaline Go in Water?
- How to Tell if Tourmaline is Real or Fake?
- Can Black Obsidian Go in Water?
- How to Tell if Obsidian is Real or Fake?
- Pink Crystals Meaning, Benefits, and Healing Properties
- A Glimpse at the Most Powerful Black Labradorite Stone
- Is Pink Agate Safe in the Sun?
- Can Hematite Go in the Sun?
- Top Black Tourmaline Side Effects?
- Can Clear Quartz be in the Sun?
- What Are the Top Side Effects of Black Obsidian?
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.