Chrysocolla is a mineral with a high copper concentration.
It has a blue or green color due to copper content in the crystal structure.
Many want to know can Chrysocolla go in water because most other copper minerals are water soluble.
We can find if this mineral reacts with water to make toxic chemicals.
Finding this information will help you care for your Chrysocolla crystals better.
Can Chrysocolla Go in Water?
Chrysocolla cannot go in the water because water can damage this crystal.
There are many reasons for avoiding water exposure for a crystal.
One of the reasons is low hardness.
High water solubility can also force you to avoid putting a crystal in water.
In the case of Chrysocolla, low hardness is the reason for avoiding water exposure.
Chrysocolla has a hardness score of two to four on the Moh hardness scale.
It does not mean putting a drop of water on the Chrysocolla crystals will damage it.
The crystal will dissolve in water if you put it in water for a long time.
Chrysocolla has a high copper concentration.
If you put it in water for a long time, copper can enter the water, making it unsuitable for humans.
Drinking this water will harm your health.
It can also cause allergic reactions if you keep exposing your skin to the Chrysocolla solution.
What Will Happen if You Put Chrysocolla in Water?
Chrysocolla is a crystal with a low hardness score.
You cannot maintain the shape of this crystal under physical stress.
It will crumble like any other brittle material in the presence of a strong physical force.
It is hard to work with the Chrysocolla when it has long exposure to water.
Moisture is also harmful to such crystals because moisture will enter the top layer of the crystal to dissolve it.
One of the reasons to avoid moisture exposure is the porous nature of the Chrysocolla.
It is a stone from the chalcedony class of minerals.
These minerals have loosely attached smaller crystals to make a large structure.
Moisture can go to the deeper layers of the Chrysocolla to damage the crystal.
Moisture exposure is unrepairable most of the time.
Can Chrysocolla Go in Moonwater?
Chrysocolla cannot go in Moonwater because it cannot resist water damage for a long time.
You can use the non-contact method to cleanse the Chrysocolla with the moonlight.
You can prepare an area to cleanse the Chrysocolla with moonlight energy.
You can also add water indirectly to the cleansing process to ensure Moonlight works perfectly in removing negative energies from the crystal.
It is better to put a glass of fresh water with the crystal to promote positive energy transfer.
You have to find a spot that receives moonlight the entire night.
It is better to choose the fourteenth day of the lunar cycle.
It is the day of the full moon.
It will ensure the stone receives maximum cleansing energy in one night.
Can Chrysocolla Go in Saltwater?
It is better to avoid putting Chrysocolla in Saltwater because Saltwater has more corrosive properties than tap water.
Chrysocolla cannot handle the destructive force of regular water.
It means saltwater will damage the crystal faster.
Sometimes, you cannot avoid salt exposure.
Your crystal may need intense cleansing.
In this case, you may use the non-contact method of using sale water to cleanse the Chrysocolla crystals.
Using a non-contact method will help you prevent damage to the Chrysocolla crystals.
You can use the step-by-step method to cleanse the Chrysocolla crystals with salt water.
- You can take a container made of natural material to start the process.
- Put salt to reach the two third of the container.
- You can take a small glass container and put Chrysocolla stone in it.
- The next step is to put this container at the center of the salt.
- The indirect method takes longer to cleanse the crystal. You can keep the Chrysocolla crystal in the container for a long time to remove all negative energies.
Is Chrysocolla-Infused Water Safe to Drink?
You cannot drink Chrysocolla-infused water because it will harm your health.
When you put the Chrysocolla crystal in the water, a portion of the crystal dissolves in the water.
This water can have a heavy metal concentration because copper is abundant in the Chrysocolla crystals.
Water becomes toxic to humans when it has a high copper concentration.
All the Chrysocolla solutions and elixirs have the same level of toxicity except the ones not with the direct contact method.
You can use the Chrysocolla crystals to make crystal-infused water indirectly.
You can place the Chrysocolla crystals near water in the moonlight to ensure energy transfer between the crystal and the water.
What Are the Benefits of Chrysocolla?
- Chrysocolla can help you balance your life by controlling your emotions. It will enhance self-awareness.
- People lacking motivation should keep Chrysocolla with them. It can help you motivate yourself and find your life’s purpose.
- You can resolve female menstrual problems with Chrysocolla.
- It will help you reduce your blood pressure because it reduces anxiety levels in your body.
- People suffering due to loss in their business can keep one crystal of Chrysocolla on their desk. It will protect you from losses in business. Your things will not break down fast when you have this stone with you.
How to Charge Your Chrysocolla Crystal?
You can use different ways to charge Chrysocolla crystals.
You have to use a method that does not involve direct contact with water because water will damage the Chrysocolla crystals.
Cleansing crystals and light energy will charge the Chrysocolla crystals.
- Sage has high-intensity cleansing powers. You can light one end of the sage wood to produce smoke. Putting this smoke on the Chrysocolla will charge the crystal with more positive energy.
- If you want to receive water energy, you can keep this crystal because it has a color association with ocean water.
How to Take Care of Your Chrysocolla Crystal?
- You should avoid wearing it when you go to the bathroom to avoid water damage.
- You can use a sealing material to protect the crystal’s surface from water exposure.
- The sealing agent will also protect the Chrysocolla from scratch damage. Due to its low hardness, it is easy to make scratches on the Chrysocolla.
- You can clean the Chrysocolla with lukewarm water and dry it immediately afterward. It will remove most dirt from the crystal.
- You can store it in a different container because other stones can scratch its surface.
No direct contact with water is an alternative
Water is the best material to cleanse many crystals.
Water will help you cleanse the Chrysocolla if you do not use the direct contact method.
No Direct water contact method uses different techniques to get healing benefits.
- You can take a spray bottle and set it to the lightest mist settings.
- The next step is to spray some mist on the Chrysocolla.
- It is better to ensure water does not accumulate in one place.
- You can clean the stone with a soft cloth to remove the water.
- Sunlight can increase the drying speed of the moisture on the Chrysocolla. You can put Chrysocolla in sunlight to charge it with no contact method.
- A rare and precious gemstone should never come in contact with water. You can skip the water mist test for expensive crystals.
To Summarize: Can Chrysocolla Go in Water
You should know the answer to the question, can Chrysocolla go in water to better understand this crystal’s properties?
We will give you some points to help you care for the Chrysocolla stones.
- Water damages the Chrysocolla crystals due to their low hardness score.
- Saltwater and Moonwater can also damage the Chrysocolla crystals.
- You should not drink the Chrysocolla-infused water made with the direct contact method.
- Chrysocolla-infused water can have a high copper concentration.
- The no-contact method is better for cleansing the Chrysocolla stones.
- Can Kyanite Go in Water?
- Can Iolite Go in Water?
- How to Charge Citrine?
- How to Charge Red Jasper?
- How to Tell if Chrysocolla is Real or Fake?
- Can Raw Quartz Go in Water?
- Can Tourmaline Go in Water?
- Can Kunzite Go in Water?
- How to Charge Amazonite?
- How to Charge Lapis Lazuli?
- How to Charge Rose Quartz Crystal?
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.