Beth Rodden’s Net Worth: $1.5 Million
Beth Rodden’s net worth stands at approximately $1.5 million dollars.
Most Important Facts about Beth Rodden
|Celebrated Name:||Beth Rodden|
|Real Name/Full Name:||Beth Rodden|
|Birth Date:||April 5, 1980|
|Birth Place:||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Hair Color:||Dark Blonde|
|Husband/Spouse (Name):||Tommy Caldwell (m. 2003–2010), Randy Puro (current)|
|Children/Kids (Son and Daughter):||Yes, a son, Theo|
|Dating/Boyfriend (Name):||Randy Puro (current)|
|Documentaries:||Above the Fray, Hostage Mountain|
|Profession:||Professional rock climber|
|Top 10 Female Climbers:||Yes, this is the list of the best female climbers|
|Net Worth in 2022:||$1.5 million|
Beth Rodden’s Early Life and Biography
Beth Rodden is a climbing athlete from the United States, born on April 5, 1980, who is noted for climbing difficult single-pitch traditional climbs.
Rodden was raised in the Central Valley of California. Having turned 14 years old, she joined the local climbing club. The sport of climbing captivated her right away and has remained central to her life ever since.
At her end, while in high school, she participated in different competitions around the country. This was marked by her winning three Junior National Championships and two Senior National Championships at a later age.
Before graduating from high school, Beth became attached to the mountain and desired to tour the world and research climbing regions.
Beth wouldn’t settle for less as she went on to be one of the globe’s most successful female athletes for the next ten years.
For the record, she is still the youngest female athlete to ascend 5.14a (8b+) and one of the few to have redpointed a graded 5.14c (8c+) route. 2000 through 2010, Beth and her partner by then, Tommy Caldwell, did a free climb on The Nose.
Rodden furthered this by making the first climb on the Meltdown, which is credited as being the most challenging trad climbing route.
Beth Rodden’s Climbing Career
- Rodden began his career as a climber in 1995. This was after she got to the Rocknasium, one of California’s best climbing clubs. Starting in 1996 to 1998, Beth claimed the Junior National JCCA titles. She also came out on top in the ASCF series for adults and was ranked number three in fall nationals.
- She is thought to be the youngest female climber to reach 5.14a. This feat was achieved in 1998 when she did a redpoint on “To Bolt or Not To Be” in the United States.
- Her work caught the attention of Lynn Hill, and she even invited her to take part in scaling the Tsaranoro in Madagascar in 1999. This trip shifted her focus to more traditional climbing.
- Beth and her then-partner, Tommy Caldwell, made the first ascent of El Capitan, making her the second female athlete to do so. She Would again go further, becoming the first lady climber in history to scale El Capitan’s two routes. Beth’s first-ever free ascent came in 2005 at the nose.
- She became the first lady climber from the United States to do a redpoint on a grade. Again, in 2006, Beth and Caldwell took part in the triple crown series for boulderers. So, the event was purported to be for fundraising.
- Beth has also redpointed the Meltdown in 2008, a shallow, persistent fracture in Yosemite. It was one of the hardest pitches in Yosemite and had been previously cracked by Ron Kauk. Later, the route got a proposal for a grade of 5.14c rating, marking it as the first time a female climber has scaled it. A decade passed before the second attempt was made, despite the efforts of many excellent climbers.
Beth Rodden’s Education
While there is no information about Beth’s exact school, she says she graduated from high school.
However, after completing one semester in college, she convinced her parents to take some time off. She would then delve into climbing to the extent of never returning.
Beth Rodden’s Personal Life: Dating, Boyfriend, Husband, Kids
In 1995, Beth ran into a fellow climber, Caldwell, in a tournament, and the two began a relationship shortly before their trip to Kyrgyzstan. They would then advance it to the exchange of vows in 2003.
As a result, they had to move out to Yosemite. After years of being together and trying to establish themselves as the globe’s most renowned climbers, the two, unfortunately, fell apart, and so to speak, it was marked with a divorce in 2009.
As to moving on, Beth would again get into another marriage with Randy Puro, another climbing athlete who also has a job in the technology and culinary industries of San Francisco. This relationship led to the birth of a new son named Theo.
Beth Rodden’s Height, Weight, and Age
Beth Rodden was born on the 5th of April 1980, which makes her 42 years old. The 42-year-old stands at the height of 1.55m, but her weight is yet to be known.
Beth Rodden’s Awards, Achievements, Nominations
- From 1996 to 1998, Beth became the Junior National JCCA champion.
- Beth is the first woman to solo three El Capitan climbs.
- In addition to scaling the Meltdown, she established the globe’s most difficult traditional and sport climbing routes for a woman. These were the 5.14c trad routes in Yosemite and Optimist, 5.14b. The latter is for sports climbing.
- Beth is also a two-time adult national champion and the first female athlete to complete all three El Capitan events.
Beth Rodden’s Movies, Documentaries, Books
Beth Rodden has been featured in Above the Fray. As a professional climber, she discusses climbing, susceptibility, and parenthood.
Beth had a long and illustrious career as the finest climber of all time. The film captures her doing a redpoint on the first ascent of North America’s most challenging trad pitch.
It also details her kidnapping in Kyrgyzstan while she was with her partner, Caldwell, and two other climbers.
In this video, she further goes into detail to explain what mountaineering entails, her home life, and the things she’s learned as a mother.
She has also been featured in “Hostage Mountain.” It revolves around Karu Suu and rock climbers’ work. Philippe Denham directed the documentary in 2004.
Later, it was aired by GRB Inc. It belongs to the expedition to the edge film genre. Besides, it featured Beth Rodden alongside Caldwell, John Dickey, and Martin Gruber.
Beth Rodden’s Net Worth and Salary
Beth’s net worth has been estimated to be $1.5 million in 2022. The figure is the sum of all her property, funds, and earnings.
Her job as a rock-climbing athlete is her primary source of money. She has amassed significant riches from her climbing career, yet she likes to live a humble lifestyle.
Related word-class climbers net worth pages
- Ashima Shiraishi Net Worth
- Shauna Coxsey Net Worth
- Lynn Hill Net Worth
- Angela Eiter Net Worth
- Sasha DiGiulian Net Worth
- Tommy Caldwell Net Worth
- Kyra Condie Net Worth
Photo credit: National Geographic.
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.