Sean McColl’s Net Worth: $1-5 Million
Sean McColl’s net worth stands at approximately $1-5 million dollars.
Most Important Facts about Sean McColl
|Celebrated Name:||Sean McColl|
|Real Name/Full Name:||Sean McColl|
|Birth Date:||3 September 1987|
|Birth Place:||North Vancouver, Canada|
|Height:||1.69 m (5 ft 7 inches)|
|Weight:||60 kg (132 lb)|
|Children/Kids (Son and Daughter):||N/A|
|Documentaries:||The Art of Building Routes|
|Profession:||Professional rock climber|
|Net Worth in 2022:||$1-5 million|
Sean McColl’s Early Life and Biography
Sean McColl is a Canadian-born professional climber.
He is famous for leading team Euro against the USA to victory during the American Ninja warrior contest in 2014.
He was born in Vancouver on September 3rd, 1987.
McColl realized he could climb at the age of ten at a buddy’s birthday celebration.
His entire family became interested in the activity within a few weeks, and both enrolled in a climbing school.
Astrologically McColl bears the zodiac sign of Virgo.
His career started at a higher point, winning the youth world title in leading climbs.
He has also proven to be a skillful lead climber.
McColl has spent most of his twenties in Chambery, France, despite being born in Canada.
He has been traveling the world for the past several years, learning and climbing.
As a result of his performances, he has received sponsorships from flashed climbing – Visa and Vertical Art as well.
Sean McColl’s Climbing Career
- Sean McColl had his first taste of victory while still training with the Canadian Junior Climbing Squad. Consistently from 2002, 2003, and 2004 Junior Global Olympics. All of which came from the top from leading a climb.
- In 2006, he topped in the lead and speed division and broke into the list of best twenty climbers in senior events. In 2011 McColl topped the twelfth yearly ABS competition for boulderers in Colorado.
- He had his most productive competitive year so far in 2012, earning ten podium victories at significant climbing events. McColl contested in the IFSC lead and boulderer’s global tournaments in Sept 2012 and came out in position 2 in leading and 4 in bouldering. He used a special training program for bouldering to prepare.
- Despite not winning any category, he scored sufficient marks to take the first position in the general tournament. After eight weeks, he would again compete at the Pan-American Olympics in Venezuela and won the gold for leading a climb and a silver for bouldering at the same time. This made him the first Canadian to ever achieve such feats on the Venezuelan platform.
- McColl won his maiden Boulderer’s World title in Log Dragomer in early 2013. He was also the sole contestant to tackle 3 of the four challenges in the finals. After one week, he would head to Innsbruck for a world cup and finished as number four overall. At vail, in the sixth month of 2013, his fate was again the same as he finished 4th overall.
- McColl is noted to be a zealous boulderer and excellent for leading climbs. He routinely achieved high IFSC Climbers’ Global Cup rankings in both categories. McColl had earlier on from 2011 to 2015, except 2014, finished in second place. Again, from 2014 to 2016, he won the mixed climbing world titles.
- Following this, another victory would come in 2017. This was in Wroclaw, Poland, where he came out of the international competition with a bronze medal.
- During 2019’s IFSC global competitions for climbing, McColl advanced to the Tokyo Olympics. He competed for Canada, finishing as number 17 in the mixed category.
- McColl also played for the European squad in American Ninja Warrior: America vs. The Globe and guided his side to win.
- Again in 2018, he led the European squad to victory in the American Ninja Warrior contest against America.
What are Sean McColl’s Favorite Climbing Shoes?
Sean McColl’s favorite climbing shoes are created by Scarpa – Chimera and Drago.
- Low-Volume Construction | This design is specifically oriented towards climbers with feet that are long, narrow, and flat.
- Built For Sensitivity | With a thin midsole and aggressive downturn, the Drago LV offers the sensitivity you need for steep sport climbs and technical boulders.
- Vibram XS Grip 2 Rubber | Ideal for any rock type and style, the XS Grip 2 rubber is both stiff and sticky, giving you the grip you need for steeper walls and overhanging boulders.
- Women, Men, Unisex, Lace Up
- Microsuede Upper - Ensures flexibility and support.
Last update on 2022-09-30 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Sean McColl’s Education
There are not many details regarding McColl’s academics.
However, he is fluent in French and English as well, besides being a grade 10 royal conservatory pianist.
Different sources also say he is a computer scientist with a diploma of honors.
Sean McColl’s Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriend, Wife, Kids
Information on McColl’s current dating life remains a secret.
Nonetheless, he has once been in a relationship with a fellow Olympic athlete Mathilde Becerra.
Sean McColl’s Age, Height, and Weight
Sean McColl was born on September 3rd,1987, and he is therefore aged 34 in 2022.
He is notable for his lean physique, about 60 kgs, and height of 5 ft 7 inches.
Sean McColl’s Awards, Achievements, Nominations
- When he won gold titles in leading categories, Sean McColl rose to fame as a young climber on the Canadian Youth Squad Youth. That is in 2002, up to 2004.
- After a one-year absence, McColl rebounded with gold medals, this time for speed climbing and also leading divisions in the 2006 junior tournaments.
- McColl made his adult debut after coming out on top in the 2011 yearly ABS Nationals Boulderers Contest. Yet, before this triumph, he had participated in a few senior events.
- In the following year, McColl expanded his resume by placing ten times on the platform of top climbing events.
- He finished 2nd and 4th in the leading and boulderers category in the IFSC Climbing tournaments in the same year.
- Again in 2012, he led a climb to win the Pan-American Olympics, followed by a boulder where he came out 2nd.
- McColl’s performances at the 2012 Pan-American Olympics allowed him as the sole Canadian to reach the finals.
- McColl also scaled the Hueco Rock Rodeo, a V13 graded challenge, in 2012
- He claimed his inaugural Boulderers World Cup in 2013, becoming the only male competitor to tackle 3 of 4 bouldering challenges.
- Additionally, he came out in the 4th at the Global Cup tournaments in Austria and Vail. McColl claimed the Mixed Climbing World title in 2014 and defended the achievement after 24 months.
- After finishing in third place, he was awarded a bronze in the 2017 world championship event.
Sean McColl’s Movies, Documentaries, Books
Sean McColl is the key figure in The Art of Building Routes short film.
It revolves about climbing in Kranj, where Mccoll is yearning for another season of a world cup win.
The climbing documentary also explains the life of the boulderer Anna Sohr and the complex acts of creating boulder routes for competitive climbing.
Net Worth and Salary of Sean McColl
Sean McCall is estimated to be having a net worth that falls between $1 and $5 million.
His primary source of earnings is from climbing competitions.
And he has had several endorsements, including Visa and Vertical Art as well.
Related word-class climbers net worth pages
- Bassa Mawem Net Worth and Bio
- Jakob Schubert Net Worth and Bio
- Tomoa Narasaki Net Worth and Bio
- Mickaël Mawem Net Worth and Bio
- Colin Duffy Net Worth and Bio
- Nathaniel Coleman Net Worth and Bio
- Ludovico Fossali Net Worth and Bio
- Jan Hojer Net Worth and Bio
Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository.
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.