Buying a gym pass is one of the major costs for indoor climbing. You may have to pay for the rental gear at the gym also. It can cost twenty to thirty dollars per day. Rental gear can cost less as you have to pay five to ten dollars.
Gym pass depends on the type of gym because you will find various prices.
Most gyms will charge you $15 to $20 US dollars for one day. It is the short answer to the question of how much indoor climbing costs.
You will get a detailed overview in this article.
Indoor Climbing Expenses: A Complete Guide
We can break the cost of indoor gym climbing into two parts.
The climbing gear cost and the cost of the gym pass.
Most gyms have a standard rate for gym passes.
You will not find much difference in the cost of gym day passes.
The climbing rental cost makes more difference in the rates of various gyms.
It is hard to understand this concept without examples. W
e have compiled a list of examples to give you a better idea about the breakdown of indoor climbing expenses.
- Adventure Rock is an excellent climbing gym in Wisconsin. You can get one day pass from this gym for twenty dollars. They are also offering packages with climbing gear. You can get a day pass with a climbing gear package for twenty-five dollars. You may have to pay six dollars if you want to rent the climbing gear at the last moment.
- Boulders Climbing Gym was founded in 1996. They have two branches in the United States. You can pay twenty dollars for a day pass in this climbing gym. Renting climbing gear will cost extra as you need to pay five dollars for the climbing gear. You have to spend a total of twenty-five dollars for one day at this climbing gym.
- Quarry Indoor Climbing gym is the perfect climbing gym for beginners because of its youth program. They are offering discounts on the ground packages also. Day pass for people aged twelve and above is twenty dollars. Youngsters of age less than eleven years can get a full-day pass for fifteen dollars. You can get harnesses for five dollars and shoes for six dollars on rent. Getting both for rent will cost you eight dollars in the combo package.
- Momentum Indoor Climbing Gym can train you for climbing sports and yoga. They have six branches across the United States. It is an expensive gym because you can pay twenty dollars for the day pass and nine dollars for the gear rental. It is one of the high-priced gyms on this list. You can get the two-week trial program to test the gym facilities.
The Cost of Day Passes for Climbing Gyms
Before finalizing your climbing budget for the day, you can learn the factors that can affect the day pass price at different gyms.
Most gyms will give you a day pass for fifteen to twenty dollars.
The price may not stay the same for all days of the week.
Some gyms give a different price for the peak time and peak seasons.
Going to the climbing gym from 4 pm to 8 pm will cost you more because most climbers go to the gym at the same time.
You can call the climbing gym to find out if they are charging extra money for specific days at a time of the day time.
Some gyms will give you access to all amenities with the day pass.
You can access the climbing wall, workout area, and bouldering wall.
Some may only allow you to access the climbing wall with the day pass as you have to pay more for the other services.
Most experts suggest not paying extra for the workout facilities because it will waste your money.
Climbing requires a lot of energy.
Climbing a wall at the gym is enough to train most of your muscles.
Your muscles will gain enough strength with wall climbing only.
The Costs of Renting Climbing Equipment
You can find three climbing gears in most gyms.
The gym will give you climbing shoes and a harness after paying a small rent.
Most gyms will charge less than ten dollars for the entire day’s rent of the climbing gear.
Some gyms will also offer you chalk and chalk bags.
It is not available at most gyms because they cannot reuse the chalk.
All the other climbing gears are reusable.
Many beginners worry about climbing shoes because they do not want to spend money on their hobby at the start.
They can save money by renting climbing shoes.
There is no need to worry if you do not own climbing shoes.
You will find others using belay devices in the gym.
Gyms arrange regular basic training camps for beginners.
You can go to that camp to know where to start.
Gyms offer bundles at a low price.
When you rent all the gear for climbing, you will save money.
Renting personal gear may cost 20 dollars.
Getting the same gear in the bundle may cost ten dollars.
You can save up to fifty percent with the bundles.
You can buy your climbing shoes once you are comfortable because it will save you a lot of money.
What Are the Hidden Costs of Indoor Climbing?
Most of us only calculate the price for a day pass and climbing gear rental.
There are some hidden costs in the indoor climbing sport.
It is essential to include these costs in your daily budget is essential to make better financial decisions.
- Food. You can get snacks from the climbing gyms. They sell snacks to climbers because most climbers spend a lot of time in climbing gyms. They can get hungry soon. Going to the climbing gym for a short time is unsuitable because you paid for the full day pass. You can check the rates of the snacks in the gym to add to your daily climbing budget.
- Parking Fees. You can save money by finding a gym with free parking or looking for a parking meter nearby. Most climbing gyms near the city center may charge fees for parking. The parking fees appear small. It can add up when you go to the climbing gym often.
- Transportation. If you do not want to drive your car to the gym, you can pay for the bus or taxi to go to the climbing gym. Going to the climbing gym in your car will also cost money because you will pay for fuel and parking fees. Adding these costs will help you find how much indoor climbing costs.
Spend Less Money and Get More Out of Indoor Climbing
You can get the most out of your money by taking a break from the gym to eat something.
Most climbing gyms sell day passes.
They allow you to go out and come back the same day.
You will get food for less money outside the gym.
You can have double fun by going to the gym in the morning.
You can take a lunch break and go to the gym again in the evening.
We recommend going to the climbing gym in the morning because you will pay less for the parking.
Rush-time parking may cost more in most areas.
Beginner climbers can climb for an hour or two before exhaustion.
It is better to take a break after one or two hours and go to the climbing gym later the same day.
- Indoor Climbing Basics
- What to Wear for Indoor Rock Climbing?
- The 10 Best Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet
- Best Gym Workout Routine for Rock Climbing
- How Much Does a Climbing Rope Cost?
- The Best Soft Climbing Shoes
- La Sportiva Oxygym Review
- Best Climbing Shoes for Gym
- The Best Climbing Harnesses in 18 Categories
- The Alternatives You Can Use Instead of Climbing Chalk
- What Is the Best Wood for Outdoor Climbing Wall?
- 10 Ways to Protect and Weatherproof Your Outdoor Climbing Wall
The rankings on rappellingequipment.com are curated to save you time by aggregating the best reviewed products from the most reputable companies. We may receive a commission if you buy something using a link on this page.